KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
8TH MAY 2012 held at YOUNGER HALL, KILMUN AT 7.00pm
KCC MEMBERS PRESENT
Sue Minns (Convenor), Robert Aldam (Secretary), David Eaglesham, Jim Kirby, Clive McClure and Elizabeth McClure.
Also Present: Councillor Bruce Marshall, Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park Representative David McKenzie, PC MacKay and members of the community.
1. APOLOGIES: Bert Baker, Mike Burke.
2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None
3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
The minutes of the last AGM (10th May 2011) were accepted as a true record of events
Proposed by: Robert Aldam.
Seconded by: Jim Kirby. Carried
4. CONVENORS ANNUAL REPORT + QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR.
Sue Minns reported that another busy year has passed for the Community Council. As time has gone on, we have dealt with a number of new issues and finalised others:
• Napier Point – planning permission was revised and, with negotiation, agreed.
• Midge Lane – although we weren’t successful in getting the forestry exit prevented, we are now in negotiation with Argyll and Bute Council and the Forestry Commission to have a footpath put in from the Cot House to the Church
• Gala Day – a huge success when we raised over £1400 for Help the Heroes and Erskine Hospital
• Caucus/ Local Area Community Planning Group (LACPG) – the caucus reformed and we have achieved an award of travel expenses to be paid to Community Councillors for journeys over 20 miles; training is being looked at; revision of the Best Practice Agreement will be discussed; and possibly the issue of insurance being provided by A&BC
• Community Action Plan – a new 5 year plan which is ongoing, but we are working with Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust
• Ballochyle/Dalilongart Core Paths – objections put forward by KCC and locals are still being processed and we hope for news later on in the year
We have also dealt with the Draft Local Plan produced by Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, getting the windfarm element affecting our area, taken out of the plan, which has now been finalised, along with the National Park Partnership Plan, which is still ongoing.
Unfortunately, we have also had to say goodbye to two members of the KCC – Lynn O’Keefe and Pete Shields. Their contribution to the KCC and community cannot be understated and we regret their leaving as well as thank them for all their dedication and hard work.
None of the issues have been easy to deal with and all have taken a considerable amount of time, freely given, often to the detriment of any private life. For this reason thanks to all the Council members for their tremendous contributions over the past year, both in time and expertise and we look forward to the challenges ahead.
5. TREASURER’S SUBMISSION OF BALANCE SHEET AND ANNUAL ACCOUNTS
Balance Brought Forward 436.14 Hire of Halls: Kilmun 112.00
A&B Admin Grant 400.00 Website/Computer 42.95
Bank Interest 0.14 Travel Expenses 40.00
Gala Day Takings 1488.70 Membership Fees 84.00
Transfer (Unpresented) 10.04 Police Speed donation 10.00
H4Hs & Erskine donation 1473.50
Total Income 2335.02 Total Expenditure 1822.45
The above has been prepared from the receipts and records maintained by Kilmun Community Council for the year ending 31st march 2012
Treasurer’s account: £512.57
The Treasurer’s report was presented (as above) and accepted as a true record.
Proposed by: Jim Kirby.
Seconded by: Clive McClure. Carried.
6. ELECTION OF OFFICERS.
Vice Convenor. Robert Aldam proposed Jim Kirby for this post, seconded by David Eaglesham.
Secretary. Sue Minns proposed Robert Aldam seconded by Jim Kirby. Carried.
Treasurer. Jim Kirby proposed Bert Baker seconded by Sue Minns. Carried.
After this vote the newly elected convenor accepted back control and thanked Councillor Bruce Marshall for his assistance.
7. CONVENOR TO DECLARE DATE OF NEXT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The next AGM will convene on the 14th May 2013 in Younger Hall, Kilmun
CONVENOR TO CLOSE MEETING
As there was no further business, the meeting closed.